Honey Almond Strawberry Salad
- For the Balsamic Reduction - .
- 1 cup - balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup - honey
- For the Salad - .
- 1 pound - lettuce and arugula mix
- 2 cups - fresh strawberries, sliced
- ⅓ cup - extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup - crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup - slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until reduced in volume by half, about 15 minutes.
Add the honey and continue to cook until the mixture is a very thick syrup that easily coats the back of a spoon. ( If it gets too thick thin it by adding a bit of water.) You are looking for a consistency similar to honey. Remove from the heat.
To make the salad, arrange the mixed greens on a serving platter. Distribute the strawberries on top of greens.
Just before serving, drizzle the salad with the olive oil, then drizzle a thin stream of the balsamic reduction over the salad, making sure to get it on the berries. Scatter the cheese and the sliced almonds on top.